“My religion is very simple, my religion is kindness”, Dalai Lama.
“Stardust”, oil on canvas, 50 x 60 cm., 2018.
Yes, that is, practice kindness is the only and wisest path for the happiness and progress of our soul. Just doing at least one little act of kindness every day make a big difference and help to increase our positivity, inner peace and improve the quality of our relationships.
Here you have 7 simple tips to practice your kindness creatively:
1. Play “the secret friend”. Find someone around you or a co-worker who is going through a bad time, and secretly send him a card with comforting words, letting him know that he has a secret friend who cares about him. If you design the card yourself much better.
2. Give a little of sweetness. Not only at Easter can you give a little sweetness. Distribute sweets or chocolates secretly to your coworkers. Hide them at their desk or in unexpected places and then watch their reaction and smile. You will see a smile emerge on your face too and you will feel better.
3. Make a compliment. Make an effort of love and think even one quality that person who dislikes you has and seeks the best opportunity to make him notice that you admire that quality. If you succeed the next day find another person and do the same. With time you will see that you start to see others with different eyes and you will have better relationships, more friends and more inner peace.
4. Make a flower of favors. For a week do not end your day without doing a favor no matter how small it is to someone around you. Draw a flower with 7 petals and every day you do a favor paint one of the petals, keep the flower in your wallet and when the time comes, give it to someone you love. If you succeed, you can continue with this practice. You will see how the others will begin to be kinder and gentler to you and some pleasant surprises will happen in your life.
5. Make to do favors an habit. A variant of the previous activity is to propose this activity in your office or place of work and invite everyone to participate. Give each one a drawing with a flower of seven petals in which each one will put his name in the center. Put all the flowers in a mural and every day someone has done a favor they must to paint one of the petals of their flower. This will encourage harmony and an atmosphere of friendship.
6. Plant and give away. Plant a sunflower seed, water it and take care of it every day until it blooms and give it to someone who needs a little joy in their life and explain that is an especial gift of love. To take care of a living being, whether a plant or an animal increases your capacity to love and feel well, that is why you should give away plants whenever you can, it is more valuable than an expensive bought gift.
7. Share gratefulness and stories. Always take a note pad when you travel to a new place and before you go write a note with the most beautiful and most valuable things that you learned in that place and leave that note in place for whoever finds it. You can leave it at the hotel, at the train station, airport or in any place where a new visitor can find it and ask in the note that whoever finds it do the same as you. That way it will continue to sharing anonymously stories of learning and joy.
I hope these tips help you with simple and actionable ideas to develop more your empathy and kindness and spread love everywhere.
I love sharing goodness and beauty through my paintings and that whoever observes them can feel joy as you can see in the painting above “Stardust” I have tried to unite the nature, the human being and the cosmos flooded with stars in a synchrony of color and movement in order to transmit the beauty of our existence and create awareness that it depends on us to continue like this.
So if you consider yourself a kind person and you are needing…
- Something beautiful in your life that inspires you and awaken your soul.
- A break of the common normal life
- A rest for your eyes and mind
- Fill your life with dreams and color
- A significant art experience for you, your family and friends
Just join to my creative kindness community and you could getÑ
- Access to a private VIP room only for subscribers with early access to new artworks releases, complete time lapse videos of the painting process, special sales, offers and gifts just for you like free printable images of my paintings, or inspiring image quotes to share with your friends among others.
- Monthly news about what I’ve been working on that month.
- And positive and colorful art in your inbox from time to time.
And receive as a welcome gift a FREE 21 x 30 cm PRINTABLE of my painting “Fathom Myself” and enjoy and feel inspired for its beautiful colors. You will receive it in your inbox and I will explain you the way you can get a high quality giclée print ready to frame. Just feel the form below.